Month: December 2016
Pia is a highly regarded clinical psychologist and former Associate Professor of Psychology at Murdoch University. She has gained a reputation in the research and practice of psychology, particularly in the field of child, adolescent and adult development and functioning. She is regarded as an expert in clinical issues around child development.
Pia has lived a life of service to the community. She is a devoted mother to two children and wife, who has balanced the demands of her vocation as an academic and mental health professional. She treats people with dignity and is caring and compassionate. We thank and congratulate Dr Pia Broderick.
2019 Instrumental Music Lesson Application
Bunbury Catholic College has a proud history of producing music excellence. This is made possible by providing instrumental music lessons, quality classroom music programs and ensemble opportunities to our students.
Music lessons are a wonderful opportunity for all students. It ensures the school has full and balanced ensembles. It is critical to the success of the team that we have all positions covered and everyone is committed to lessons and rehearsals.
Lessons are available for the following instruments:
• Woodwind: Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone
• Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, Horn, Tuba
• Voice: Classical, Contemporary, Music Theatre
• Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
• Percussion: Drum set (modern drum kit)
• Piano: Classical, Modern, Keyboard
• Guitar: Bass, Electric, Acoustic
The program offers paired and private lessons operating on a rotating timetable, limiting disruptions to daily class learning. There are also some instruments available for hire.
It is expected all students will continue learning their instrument for the full academic year.
Lesson type and duration.
One on one private lesson for 30 minutes. Cost $35
Paired share lesson for 30 minutes. Cost $20.
PRIVATE LESSONS Private lessons are a one on one lesson and are the most beneficial way for students to learn their chosen instrument.
PAIRED LESSONS Paired lessons are for beginner students only and are only available if two or more students have enrolled for the same instrument. Paired lessons will run for a maximum of 2 school terms after which time students are expected to start individual lessons. All students progress at different rates and for this reason students may be offered an individual lesson after just 1 term.
- A Maintenance fee of $13 per term is billed for Electric Guitar, Bass and Percussion instruments
- Instrument Hire is $35.00 per term (Please note that guitars and percussion equipment are unavailable for hire.)
- Please note there is a $35.00 enrolment fee for new students.
- New enrolments receive a tutor book and music diary
- 36 lessons are provided throughout the school year