Posts by :
- ex -students
- Hall of Distinction
- High Achievers
- Performing Arts
- The Arts
- Visual Arts
The Australian Catholic Bishops have decreed 2018 as a Year of Youth in Australia. The year will be a celebration of the many gifts that our young people offer to our society and an opportunity for the whole community to engage with our youth.
On Saturday December 16th, the Bishop of Bunbury, Most Rev Gerard Holohan will celebrate Holy Mass at St Patricks Cathedral to officially launch the Year of Youth in our region. Bunbury Catholic College staff and students are invited to this special occasion. The Mass will begin at 6pm and there will be refreshments and an opportunity for fellowship in the Parish Hall at its conclusion.
It will be lovely to see a number of our staff and students present to support the Year of Youth.
2018 Instrumental Music Lesson Application
Bunbury Catholic College has a proud history of producing music excellence. This is made possible by providing instrumental music lessons, quality classroom music programs and ensemble opportunities to our students.
Music lessons are a wonderful opportunity for all students. It ensures the school has full and balanced ensembles. It is critical to the success of the team that we have all positions covered and everyone is committed to lessons and rehearsals.
Lessons are available for the following instruments:
• Woodwind: Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone
• Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, Horn, Tuba
• Voice: Classical, Contemporary, Music Theatre
• Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
• Percussion: Drum set (modern drum kit)
• Piano: Classical, Modern, Keyboard
• Guitar: Bass, Electric, Acoustic
The program offers paired and private lessons operating on a rotating timetable, limiting disruptions to daily class learning. There are also some instruments available for hire.
It is expected all students will continue learning their instrument for the full academic year.
Lesson type and duration.
One on one private lesson for 30 minutes. Cost $35
Paired share lesson for 30 minutes. Cost $20.
PRIVATE LESSONS Private lessons are a one on one lesson and are the most beneficial way for students to learn their chosen instrument.
PAIRED LESSONS Paired lessons are for beginner students only and are only available if two or more students have enrolled for the same instrument. Paired lessons will run for a maximum of 2 school terms after which time students are expected to start individual lessons. All students progress at different rates and for this reason students may be offered an individual lesson after just 1 term.
- A Maintenance fee of $13 per term is billed for Electric Guitar, Bass and Percussion instruments
- Instrument Hire is $35.00 per term (Please note that guitars and percussion equipment are unavailable for hire.)
- Please note there is a $35.00 enrolment fee for new students.
- New enrolments receive a tutor book and music diary
- 36 lessons are provided throughout the school year