Posts by :
2017 Instrumental Music Lesson Application
Bunbury Catholic College has a proud history of producing music excellence. This is made possible by providing instrumental music lessons, quality classroom music programs and ensemble opportunities to our students.
Music lessons are a wonderful opportunity for all students. It ensures the school has full and balanced ensembles. It is critical to the success of the team that we have all positions covered and everyone is committed to lessons and rehearsals.
Lessons are available for the following instruments:
• Woodwind: Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone
• Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, Horn, Tuba
• Voice: Classical, Contemporary, Music Theatre
• Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
• Percussion: Drum set (modern drum kit)
• Piano: Classical, Modern, Keyboard
• Guitar: Bass, Electric, Acoustic
The program offers paired and private lessons operating on a rotating timetable, limiting disruptions to daily class learning. There are also some instruments available for hire.
It is expected all students will continue learning their instrument for the full academic year.
Lesson Length Cost per lesson Private 30 minute $33.00 Paired 30 minute $20.00 PRIVATE LESSONS Private lessons are a one on one lesson and are the most beneficial way for students to learn their chosen instrument. PAIRED LESSONS Paired lessons are for beginner students only and are only available if two or more students have enrolled for the same instrument. Paired lessons will run for a maximum of 2 school terms after which time students are expected to start individual lessons. All students progress at different rates and for this reason students may be offered an individual lesson after just 1 term.
- A Maintenance fee of $13 per term is billed for Electric Guitar, Bass and Percussion instruments
- Instrument Hire is $35.00 per term (Please note that guitars and percussion equipment are unavailable for hire.)
- Please note there is a $35.00 enrolment fee for new students.
- New enrolments receive a tutor book and music diary
- 36 lessons are given throughout the school year