Student learning at BCC is specialised to suit the needs of each student. An excellent staff-student ratio and a mentoring system make individual attention and supervision possible.
Our School has extensive facilities spread over two spacious and well equipped campuses in Bunbury (the Marist Campus) and Australind (the Mercy Campus). Our curriculum offers as wide a range of courses as possible:
The learning areas are:
- The Arts
- English – explores our world through examining a diverse range of texts, from classic literary to contemporary multimodal texts. Students learn to communicate in a variety of ways, for different audiences so they are empowered and equipped to understand and respond to what is going on around them.
- Humanities – provides a broad understanding of the world in which we live, and how people can participate as active and informed citizens with high-level skills needed for the 21st century.
- Languages – Indonesian and Italian.
- Mathematics – “The study of mathematics, like the Nile, begins in minuteness but ends in magnificence.” – Charles Caleb Colton.
- Physical Education – We provide our students with a range of motor and cognitive skills to facilitate their knowledge, confidence and lifestyle involvement in healthy activities beyond the classroom and their school life.
- Religious Education– is at the heart of what the College does as an educator with a commitment to ensuring holistic growth of all students into the persons God created them to be.“True education enables us to love life and opens us to the fullness of life.” Pope Francis
- Science – develops the confidence, knowledge and skills to find answers to questions about the workings of the biological, chemical and physical world around us. Equips students to make informed contributions to society and prepares them for the increasingly technological jobs of the future.
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) and Careers
We also provide:
- an appropriate academic challenge.
- a friendly environment which promotes a good work ethic.
- a wide range of sporting and extra-curricular activities.
- Specialised programs in Christian Service Learning, academically gifted and talented and a Learning Centre for students with special needs.