Welcome to Bunbury Catholic College.
In 1883 the Sisters of Mercy ventured from the Swan River Colony to Bunbury to bring educational opportunities to the children of the South West. And so began the long history of our College. The Marist Brothers entered the scene in 1954 providing education for boys in the region. The formation of Bunbury Catholic College took place in 1973 with the amalgamation of the Marist Brothers’ St Francis Xavier’s boys school and the Mercy Sisters’ St Joseph’s girls school. A further phase in our history saw a second Campus built at Australind in 2015. This Campus is known as the Mercy Campus.
Our students are at the heart of everything we do at Bunbury Catholic College. Today we cater for over 1400 students across two campuses; our original campus, the Marist Campus and our Mercy campus at Australind catering for Years 7,8,9 and 10 in 2016.
Our College is the result of the amalgamation of Mercy and Marist schools and as such we are imbued with the spirit of Catherine McAuley and Marcellin Champagnat. We foster an environment which values a love of God, respect and compassion for self and others and a strong sense of service and social justice.
We challenge our students and encourage them to strive for excellence by developing their talents and working to achieve their best in their studies and in a wide range of cultural, sporting and leadership endeavours.
Our College Crest is designed to convey the central place of Christ and the Church in our College Community, with the cross symbolising our challenge to live the Gospel. The rising red and green spires reflect the presence of the church and our own aspiration for the higher Good in Life. The ‘M’s making the spires bear witness to our founding teaching orders, the Marist Brothers and the Sisters of Mercy. These symbols are contained within a circle that represents the College’s commitment to the whole person.