BCC Hall of Distinction
Over the past decades there have been many Bunbury Catholic College (BCC), Marist (Xavier College) and St Joseph’s alumni who have demonstrated exemplary achievement.
For this reason, the BCC Ex-Students’ Association has created the Hall of Distinction acknowledging ex-students who have demonstrated high levels of achievement and significant contributions in their chosen fields.
The Hall of Distinction is divided into six categories:
- Medicine and Science – People who have achieved distinction and benefited humanity in any field of scientific endeavour.
- Business and Professional – People who have demonstrated integrity and exemplary character in their professional practice.
- Arts and Entertainment – People with outstanding levels of achievement and recognition in the arts, music, media and entertainment.
- Humanitarian and Service – People who have demonstrated consistent and significant service to the local, state, national or world communities.
- Sporting Achievements – People who have excelled in their chosen sport at a national or international level.
- Lifetime Recognition – This category is reserved for an individual who has attained award status in their chosen field and whose life demonstrates high moral character, dignity, and/or who has demonstrated courage in overcoming extraordinary obstacles in life.
Once a candidate has been nominated in a category, they will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Exemplary achievements and recognition in their chosen field.
- Contribution to society.
- The candidate should demonstrate the qualities listed above